We all know Thanksgiving preparations can be hectic. Lexington Mini-Storage is here to help make Thanksgiving as easy as pumpkin pie.
- Ice down the turkey. This will prevent the breast meat from drying out during the cooking process.
- Cook it semi frozen. Just like icing down the breast, this will prevent the breast from drying out.
- Cook while you're sleeping. Slow-roast your turkey the night before. This will save on valuable oven space for cooking your other dishes on the big day.
- Crock pot it. If your turkey is small enough (or your crockpot is large enough), you can easily cook it in a crock pot. Again, this saves valuable space in your oven for other dishes.
- Separate. If you are overly concerned about dry breast meat, you can always cook the breast meat and leg meat separately. This way, you will be sure to avoid any dry meat.
- Let it rest. If you are roasting your turkey, let it rest for at least 20 minutes before serving. this will allow you enough time to make the gravy and will also redistribute juices through the turkey (again, keeping the breasts from drying).