Planning to move in the near future? Here are some things you should be thinking of 6-8 weeks out.
- Make a list for items you will bring with you.
- Make a list of items you want to put into storage.
- Make a list of items to be moved professionally and those you want to move yourself.
- Figure out which moving company you would like to use by looking at reviews and getting estimates.
- Have a garage sale for the items you do not wish to bring with you.
- Make a decision on which moving company to use.
- If you are moving a significant distance, start to check out schools, recreation facilities and local programs.
- Transfer medical, property, fire and auto insurance through your insurance agent.
- Place all your medical records in a safe place.
For those items that you decide to put into storage, make sure to use Lexington Mini-Storage for all of your needs.