Doing some redecorating around the house? If you have an extra rug that you don't know what to do with, move it to a storage unit with Lexington Mini Storage. What's the best way to store an area rug? Follow these simple steps and your rug will look like new when you decide to use it again.
1. Make sure that your rug is clean before putting it in storage. This way, there won't be any unexpected stains to be found later.
2. After making sure it's clean, make sure it is 100% dry. If you had it professionally cleaned, let it air dry completely.
3. Roll up the rug. Don't roll it up too tight or it might become permanently wrinkled!
4. Wrap the rug. This is to prevent unwanted dirt, dust, or anything in between from entering the rug. This applies to before and after the move.
5. Keep your rug elevated. Before you store your rug, invest in some wooden pallets to rest your rug on. After, you can find a new way to use your pallets.
6. Your rug should be good to go. If you are storing your rug for an extended period of time, be sure to check on it periodically to insure it will a long time.
[caption id="attachment_1084" align="alignnone" width="300"] Make sure to protect your rug before putting it in storage[/caption]